Sunday, December 4, 2011

Kate and Cory - Engagement Session, Gatlinburg TN

I have been waiting excitedly to post these sweet images of Kate and Cory out enjoying nature in the Smoky Mountains. These images are very close to my heart since Cory is my cousin and I am so excited to have the honor of capturing this special relationship, not to mention when they say their vows in June! I have a strong feeling this will be an emotional day for everyone and I'm sure will get choked up at some point...

Since they are currently living in Colorado we originally thought there was no way to do engagement photos but then I remembered we would all see each other in Gatlinburg for our family vacation during Thanksgiving week. Then the anticipation and excitement grew for everyone, not knowing where we would shoot and what the weather would be like. Kate brought a lot of outfit options and she gave us a fashion show the night before while choosing each piece :) This is always an exciting type of session for me, to shoot in a new place and discover scenes as we go along so here are my favorites from our slightly overcast day that ended up being gorgeous and full of perfect moments!




















2 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! Love the detail shots of the scenery mixed in -- definitely got the feel of fall in the air. I LOVE the shot of them barefoot with their hands. Were they not freezing!? Very nice work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! They were a bit cold but knew the outcome was worth it. Also Kate is living in Colorado right now so it was not that cold, Cory is the one who had the cold toes!

    ReplyDelete